Skip to content
- 1 avocado, peeled, stoned and cut into chunks
- 125g butter
- 125g demerara sugar
- 5 tbsp golden syrup
- 225g porridge oats
- 1 tsp ground ginger
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat the oven to 190C, 375F, Gas Mark 5. Grease a 20cm sandwich tin.
- Place the butter, sugar and syrup in a large pan. Heat until melted.
- Add the oats, avocado and ginger and mix well.
- Spoon into the tin and flatten using the back of a metal spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes in the tin, before scoring in to wedges.
- When completely cool, turn out and cut. Do not attempt to cut until completely cool.